sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2005, r1150GSA,when I first start it,there is a

Customer Question

I have a 2005, r1150GSA,when I first start it,there is a knocking noise from the tranny area,pull in the clutch and it stops,but when she is warm no noise,rides fine, no clutch slip,it has 40000km on it ,have I got a problem?
Thanks
Mark
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's hard to say if there is really an issue or not without hearing the noise in person. It sounds as if you're hearing noise with the clutch release while sitting in neutral. Some neutral noise is normal in most manual transmissions, and will get worse as the transmission ages but shouldn't really present a problem. It's hard to say if what you're hearing is excessive though without hearing it in person.

What I would recommend is having a trans tech listen to the noise, the best place to go would be a dealer or a trans shop. They'd be most experienced with the vehicle and would be able to tell you for sure if it's really something to worry about.