Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

1998 wrx 2litre turbo impreza.runs 20sec stops,will start

Customer Question

hi,1998 wrx 2litre turbo impreza.runs for about 20sec stops,will start again straight away
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Would you best describing this problem as a stalling problem, will it stay running if you give it a bit of throttle? Please explain in detail and I will try and help you with this .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi,not a stalling problem,just cuts out &youcan restart instantly.it just stops.giving it a bit more throttle doesn't help.it started happen first ,went 5km &it cut out& restarted instantly, did about 100km,did some shopping&did the same thing on the way home.next day,ran for about 1km & cut out,restarted & did same thing &kept doing it.runs about 20sec&stops
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Can you have the computer system scanned and see if there are any fault codes setting, if so that would be very useful in trying to find the cause, post back with the results and we can work from there.