Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 903 316 4wd, WDB9036622R716818. The ABS

Customer Question

I have a 903 316 4wd, WDB9036622R716818.
The ABS block/module has been removed and bypassed completely.
Apparently the original Part is A0004465189(###) ###-####)
Is this the only part that will suit.
The vehicle is fitted with a rear diff lock. Someone told me this might make a difference to the ABS unit required.
I don't seem to be able to find a lot of the original parts around.
Maybe an alternative part might be easier to source.
Thanks, BradA.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Ok, I found it here, showing 2 in stock-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABS-Hydraulikblock-Mercedes-W-903-Sprinter-308-311-313-316-CDI-A0004465189-/281330037310
So far, these are the only 2 I have found worldwide.
If you still have the old one, you can send it here to be rebuilt:
http://www.ecutesting.com/catalogue/product/mercedes_sprinter_abs_pump__ecumodule_combined_amc900043.html
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric,
I had already found the listings online that you've provided.
I had contacted ECU Testing to see if they could supply a replacement part ( no exchange, as I don't have one ), but did not get a reply from them.
The other one on Ebay, I was unsure about. It is apparently the matching part number which my local Mercedes dealer had told me I needed, but when I select my specs on the Ebay site ( 3t, 2005, 903, 316 4x4 ), it says that it does not suit.
It also states that it may not post to Australia.
This is why I was trying to ascertain if there is any other part that would suit my model. I did find an enquiry online by someone else with a similar querie to mine, and they were told that there were a couple of alternative models could be used.Brad.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
My books dont show an alternative to that one. I will opt out and see if another expert might have an alternative number or solution for you