Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My 2007 Nissan maxima slt scrapes the bottom and seems to be

Customer Question

my 2007 Nissan maxima slt scrapes the bottom and seems to be lower than other cars? what could be doing this?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Did you just buy this car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 weeks ago and when took for test drive did not go over anything or up anything. This is weird but scraped the plastic cover off the bottom of the car and had to get it replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have to drive over a curb to be able to park my car
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The car was most likely lowered. Can you peak in and see what color the strut spring are?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

When these cars are lowered, they with either cut the factory springs which are black. Or they will replace the springs with lowered springs which would be a different color. If your springs are not black, then the springs were changed and the car was lowered. If they are black, then it could be that they cut a coil out of the factory spring to lower the car. The car should not be bottoming out.

Please double check the color of the springs if you can for me to verify my thoughts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cant get under as just had surgery on my leg. I can get somebody to look for me later. Do I have to pay again as wont see anybody for a while.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

No, not at all. I can keep this question open till you can have someone check for you. This is very likely your issue. But I can keep this question open till you can check and let me know. Take care of that leg!

I will only be online for another hour or so. To let me know what you find, simply return back to this question.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jay that is great.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.. Talk to you soon

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Checking in to see if you were able to have the springs checked to see if they are a different color than black?

Let me know..