Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

Locked out cant even open manually Nissan Navara

Customer Question

Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This sounds to me like the battery is flat - probably due to the open boot leaving the boot light on.

Hello

this sounds like a flat battery, which means you can't get the deadlock or alarm system to release its grip

I'd start by charging the battery as you can't get into the car/ boot the other way to do this is jack the car up so you can get under the front.

Locate the starter motor and the large power cable that runs to it - connect the positive battery charger lead to this terminal

then connect the charger negative lead to the metal of the engine block

This should complete the charging circuit and get some power into the battery allowing you into the car

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.