Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2002 KJ Jeep Cherokee and the bonnet cable has

Customer Question

I have a 2002 KJ Jeep Cherokee and the bonnet cable has snapped and we can not get the bonnet open
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
When this occurs usually the latch has to be accessed from the front of the bonnet which in some cases the front grille needs removed or cut into to do this which then the grill would need repaired or replaced.Once the latch is manually released then the cable itself can be replaced.This is usually caused by the latch sticking needing lubricated or the cable becoming weak needing replaced only.
Thanks Pete