Mike, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Motor Technician of 34 years+ in vehicle repair and diagnostics.
9261905

I have just bought a Mini 2010 cabriolet. When I try to set

Customer Question

Hello. I have just bought a Mini Cooper 2010 cabriolet. When I try to set up my phone, I press menu, try to choose Tel but it will not select this using the - - key below. This - - key works for all other functions so I don't understand. Please can you help?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

Please try it as per the following :

On the cars menu / screen - go to TELEPHIONE

Then - Add New Phone. This will put your Mini’s Bluetooth into Pairing mode.

On your phone, be sure Bluetooth is enabled, and find your Mini. It will be listed with the name on your Mini’s screen.

Once your phone connects, it will ask for a pairing code. On your Mini, create a quick four-digit code (e.g., 0000). Then enter that code on your phone.

Once connected/paired, the Mini will ask for what features to use. By default, it will checkAudio and Telephone if your phone supports those features.

Try it exactly as above that should work for you-

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..

Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -

- Best Rgds, MIKE.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike. I understand this but the problem is that when I try to select Telephone by pressing the button beneath it, it will not allow me to select it. The button works in all other modes eg. Selecting a radio station. Bluetooth is enabled on my phone so that's not the issue. I can't even get to the pairing part of the process. Thanks. Jaccy
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi again -

Ok I understand that you cannot even get to the Pairing stage -

Can you try another / different phone first -- that will tell us which way to head...

Too - what phone exactly are you trying to pair ??

Rgds, MIKE............................