Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

1KD FTV prado shuts down after 3.5 minutes. Reset start and

Customer Question

1KD FTV prado shuts down after 3.5 minutes. Reset start and starts straight away. Engine, 4 low and traction comes on.
Have done up head and refitted checked all connections etc. Came to us with this problem after owner attempted timing belt change and bent valves
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vehicle has an acrid smell of sulphur from exhaust. Possible shandy in tank. Found out crank angle sensor previous replaced. Codes coming up low manifold pressure, knock sensor
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If this vehicle had sat a long period of time there is a good chance that the fuel in the fuel tank is bad causing this issue here.I would change out the fuel if you haven't already and see if the vehicle starts and runs then.Bad fuel can cause the smell and knock sensor codes which in turn will cause running issues to set faults for low manifold pressure and the engine light.I have also seen restricted exhaust cause issues like this as well.
Thanks Pete