Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I need to replace the fuel injectors of my SSangyong

Customer Question

I need to replace the fuel injectors of my SSangyong Sportiva and the brackets that hold them in are rusted onto the engine block. I have tried WD 40, a sliding hammer, and a special tool that locks on. I have tried with the engine cold and hot. I got two off but the other two are stick there. Any idea? I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
I would see if you can locate a better fluid/oil to use to help break them free like a penetrating oil and soak them in this for a few days and see if they free up manually or using a slide hammer.I have seen slide hammers used before in the past to remove rusted brackets like this here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, that's exactly what I told you I had already done
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Are the other two loose at all or moving at all when trying to remove them?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, they're stuck fast
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately in some cases I have seen where the cylinder head needs removed to try and push them through from the other end and in severe cases there have been instances where they seize so bad into the cylinder head the head and injectors need replaced.

Thanks Pete