Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I need your help in relation to an issue with my car. I have

Customer Question

Hi Joe,
I need your help in relation to an issue with my car. I have an Audi A4 TDi 2007 Diesel model. I am finding that my car engine will over rev when I am driving first thing after I start the car and drive off. It will then stabilise after 10 minutes or so.
When I say the car over revs the needle on the rev counter will suddenly shoot up. It will then come back down by itself after a while or if I take my foot of the accelerator. However when I reapply my foot on the accelerator it will sometimes shoot up again. When the needle shoots up the engine also noticeably increases in pitch and is quite audible.
Do you have any advice as to what could be causing this problem??
Kind Regards
JAmes
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
On some models the engine will rev up high before shifting on a cold start to help warm the engine and transmission components up for proper operation and this is normal.If this is a new issue that hasn't been present before on your model until recently let me know.
Thanks Pete