indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics
29331485

Ive changed a fuel filter on my d22 navara, have i think

Customer Question

hi ive changed a fuel filter on my d22 navara , have i think bled the lines as i have taken off and checked and there is diesel coming through going into the injector pump when i pump the fuel filter pump , then i caracked and injector and it doesnt appear there is any fuel making it through to the injectors. so im cranking the engine and it wont start , and ideas ?
could there be an air lock in the injector pump itself?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
What you have done so far is basically correct only you pump the fuel filter primmer until hard this will push all diesel to the injector pump , now you have to get your 17 mm spanner and have a second person crank over the engine and you loosen up the first injector fuel shoul lightly pulse out the top then close and stop cranking .then go to the next injector ,until all four are done.now the engine should start.
Still not starting :
If you have a Manual transmission put in 2nd gear push staret down a hill or tow start .
Please rate my help a good to excellent if you are satisfied .
If not ready to rate don't rate poor or bad service as we can continue to work on this issue or I can opt out and recommend another expert .
After accepting there is no extra charge for further assistance.
If I don't reply soon I will as quickly as I can when i get back on line.
Kind regards Greg