Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

I have recently degreased the engine on my 2007 holden

Customer Question

i have recently degreased the engine on my 2007 holden combo, it runs as normal for a couple of kms after start from cold then seems to only run on 3 cylinders, 140000 on odo no other problem, could moisture have affected something as i used hose. help
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I work for Holden.

Your combo might have some moisture in the spark plug tubes.

It may come good after a day or two, how long ago did you wash the engine?

Does it put the engine light on while driving with the misfire?

This is why one has to careful washing engines, something to be wary of.

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hosed 5 days ago, engine light flickers for a couple of seconds then goes away and a car with an open ended spanner light appears and she runs like a hairy goat, can i dry it somehow, nothing else affected.......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
water and oil levels ,temperature fine......no smoke.....tailpipe residue seems rich if anything......
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

It would be wise to get a diagnostic check done with Tech2, the DTC that will be set will tell you which path to take for diagnosis. Have you got a Holden dealer nearby for a diagnosis check?

For example, if it has a misfire code, say P0301 cylinder 1 misfire detected, then the coil pack needs to come out for further inspection.

All tailpipes these days are rich because of unleaded, fuel injectors are turned off for cylinders that misfire, so no unburnt fuel exits the tailpipe.

The coil pack is under a plastic trim, it is held in with two T30 Torx bolts.

Gary