Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a mazda 323 and it has started jerking quite badly

Customer Question

I have a mazda 323 and it has started jerking quite badly mainly as you accelerate between 3500 and 4500 rpm
I have replaced the front engine mount which was broken as well as replaced the fuel filter
I am getting a code from the diagnosis of 11 11 10 17
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If this engine is a gasoline engine with spark plugs the jerking can be caused by a faulty spark plug wire or spark plug itself as these are common for this issue.If it does not have a gasoline engine this can be one or more fuel injectors causing this.These will need checked to pinpoint which is at fault and from there repaired.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Pete
After no reply from you guys I went to another mechanic, sorry but I needed a resolution
He found a split in the induction hose between the air box and throttle body. Taped it up and all good
I have a new hose on order
Sorry
Peter
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
That is great to hear the problem has been located.If you need anything else here let me know.
Thanks Pete