Doug
Doug, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Factory trained technician
21364095

I have an issue with the multi communication audio system in

Customer Question

I have an issue with the multi communication audio system in my car.
My battery went flat overnight and the system now will not recognise the installed map disc. Any suggestions on how I remove the DVD now would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
You can remove the map disc by pushing the Tilt or Open button on the radio at the lower left corner. Then once opened push the eject button next to the Map slot.
If re-inserting the disc does not work, then it sounds like you need to reset the system to see if it will re-acknowledge the map software. The instructions to do this are in the MMCS manual, though I will attach the standalone instructions that work on pretty much every iteration below:
Turn the ignition key on, but leave the radio off.
Press and hold the SET button and NAVI button at the same time for 4 seconds.
The screen will change to "Service" with a series of touch screen buttons.
Press "Memory Initialization".
It will confirm you want to re-initialize everything.
After doing this all settings will also be wiped out... so any addresses or music etc you have on there will be gone.
If you can not get into Service Mode with the above steps, check your manual in case it is different, though that should work on all standalone-type MMCS systems.
If the disc is still not acknowledged even after a reset of the system, then it will need to be brought in for service as something internal is amiss with the system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 2011 Pajero doesn't have an eject button after tilt is selected.
Also, does not have a set button.
This response does not help me.
Regards
Mick
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Mick, I have not seen one without the eject button before unless you have the new style (We didn't get that until 2013) that uses SD media for the maps.
Do you actually have a DVD slot that is labeled for maps/gps when the tilt is opened? Or is there only a single CD slot?
Here is the initialization procedure for the 2013+ models here, as it sounds like you got them a bit earlier than we did.
Ignition on and radio off, press and hold the Settings button and the Map button for 4 seconds. Again the Service Mode menu should appear, and on this model the Memory Initialization should be on page 2.
You can also check the SD map card by selecting "Unit Diagnosis" and then under Communication Check select "SD Card Check".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Doug,
The system buttons you refer to are not present on the Rockford MMCS fitted in the Australian 2011 model Mitsubishi Pajero.
The system has no 'Settings' button. The buttons present on the facia are as follows:
LEFT SIDE
Audio
Mode
Scan
Seek Track
Display
Tilt
RIGHT SIDE
Map
Dest
Menu
Vol
Pwr
InfoOn normal operation, pressing the tilt button brings up a touch screen menu LOAD/EJECT
DVD/CD or MAPRegards
Mick
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Mick.
I'm afraid I am not familiar with that version of the MMCS.... the button configuration is completely different from both of our (old version and new version with third row of buttons on bottom) units in my market.
I will opt out and perhaps someone else has experience with your model... I can not even find any documentation for it on my end, so I'm afraid I am not going to be of any help.
Hopefully someone will be with you soon. Good luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The player has two slots.
One for map disc and one for audio disc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks Doug.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Paid for repair at dealership.
Assistance no longer required.
Thanks