Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Im replacing the clutch in my 1999 saab 900s. and am having

Customer Question

Im replacing the clutch in my 1999 saab 900s. and am having trouble separating the bell housing from the engine. It has come apart about a centimetre but seems to be holding on around the axle ( I think the axle should just slide out or is there a clip i have to remove)
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't received an answer. Is there a tech i can speak with who has experience with saab clutches ?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The starter itself may be hanging up on the flywheel and may be attached to the bell housing causing this here.I would remove it and see if it frees up and removes then.If this does not work let me know.
Thanks Pete