sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2005 Mazda 6 GG sports back, manual 5speed, petrol.

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2005 Mazda 6 GG sports back, manual 5speed, petrol. It keeps loading spark I replaced the coil pack and crank angle sensor an it drives but then loses spark again in the no.1 plug/lead. If we hold a screw driver in the no:1 it will have no spark then all of a sudden sparks then car starts? Can u help n suggest what I need done
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are many possible causes for lost spark. It could be a wiring issue, the powertrain control module itself, loss of cam or crank signal, or it may be perceiving the engine is out of time.
The first step in diagnosing a loss of spark condition is checking for fault codes. Nearly anything that will cause a loss of spark will set a code. Have you checked for codes?
Does the fuel pump still run at the time there is no spark?