tamaz
tamaz, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Subaru master tech
70031029

Desperately seeking help, I purchased a 2007 Subaru Impreza

Customer Question

Desperately seeking help, I purchased a 2007 Subaru Impreza in December 2014, a couple of days after purchasing the car the engine light came on and I have broken down now 6 times, the car has been back to the service department 5 times and the following is what they have fixed.
· The first occasion was the failure of the air injection system of which we have repaired and has not returned the same fault. (170394 06/03/15 153504 Check engine light on/running rough)
· Second time was presented we found a DTC P0607 Control module performance which once cleared would not return. (171205 13/05/15 156291 Check engine light coming on)
· Third time we could not fault your vehicle despite the 300+ km driven (172032 14/07/15 Check vehicle running rough/stalling) THE LIGHT IS STILL ON
I have not been driving the vehicle as I was advised not to while it is malfunctioning the car looses acceleration, the auto gear box seems very jerky and sluggish, I have had enough and I just want to sell it although I cant even get a road worthy as it has failed due to the engine light. Can you offer any advice
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi,sorry to hear of the problems your having,can you tell me the present code that is causing the light to come on, can you aslo tell me if the check engine light flashes when it is running rough and stalling?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The last time I took the car to them the light was on the whole trip 1 1/2 hrs, they said that when they started it there was no light they drove it for 300kms and no light so I brought it home the very next day the light was back on so they said they could not get a reading while the light was not on, the light has never flashed just stays on all the time
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi,without a code I cannot give a accurate diagnosis,did the vehicle have any running problems on that 1 1/2 hour trip?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
loss of acceleration, jerky and sluggish gearing
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if they checked anything but I would start at the ignition components,spark plugs,ignition coil and ignition wires first,next would be fuel pressure test