sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a Kia Grand Carnival (2008). After my scheduled

Customer Question

I have a Kia Grand Carnival (2008). After my scheduled maintenance (6th year) to a new service centre, my central locking system is broken. The passenger door on the driver side is now 'loose'. So when you lock the car, the lights no longer flush and it does not lock that particular door. If you slide the lock to 'lock' position manually, the lights flush but when you unlock, it does not unlock (same door) anymore.
The service centre claimed they broken lock system has nothing to do with what they did with my car. How can I prove this so that they will fix the problem?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!
It sounds as if the power lock on that door simply isn't working, which could be a wiring issue or a failed lock actuator. The actuator would be most likely.
If you believe the problem is related to the work that was done but the shop does not agree then what you would need to do is have the issue diagnosed and the vehicle inspected by a neutral third party, another shop. If they see that the problem was caused by the other shop and will state so in writing such as on a receipt then you can return to the first shop. Keep in mind if you choose to do this you're going to need to pay another shop diagnostic time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for the answer and advise. Yes, it is the same advise given to my by the first shop. So, I have scheduled with a Kia Service Centre to determine the cause. The first shop's service manager had confirm in writing that they are willing to pay for the cost if Kia service centre determine and mentioned in writing that 'they', i.e. The first shop caused the issue.
Great!