Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Here again Iv taken my car to Toyota and they pulled apart

Customer Question

Hi Kevin Justin here again
Iv taken my car to Toyota and they pulled apart my engine to check the starter motor and when they did they discovered it was rusty, they were surprised to find it had got wet due to its location, there is also some white corrosion of the aluminium components in the engine, they chucked it up on a jack to see if they could find any other water damage and they could not, they said they found some slight corrosion on the alternator connections.
They made out as this was potentially a big issue as to get water up that high on the engine it would have had to be submerged but surly the interior would also be damaged and the electric's would have been effected.
Have you heard of anything like this before?
The only thing I can think of was once I took my car for a 6 hour thrashing up north and ended up with radiator fluid everywhere and I didnt clean it off for months after.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
This model is not known for water ingress, especially if the cover under the oil sump is present. Even if not, it would not get water as high as the alternator.
The radiator fluid (coolant) is the most likely reason in your case, since you own the vehicle and know the history.
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
Regards,
Billy