Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2008 E60 520d with 168000 Km on the clock. I am

Customer Question

I have a 2008 E60 520d with 168000 Km on the clock. I am staring to get an intermittent slight buzzing sound for 1 to 2 seconds when accelerating hard. In any gear and not connected with gear changes, as it happens when the steptronic is held in any gear. The car is on its third turbocharger, the current one has been there for 38000 Km. oil is only changed every 30000km ie when the computer say it is time. This noise was not there during or before the lasy turbo failures it is different The noise will go away for a few days and then comes Back. It seems worse when the outside air temp is under 15degrees centigrade.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you haven't already check for any loose,bent or damaged exhaust components causing this noise here as this can be common for this fault under the vehicle like exhaust heat shields.
If this is checked and all found to be o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete