Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Mazda 323: Im doing a pcm swap on a mazda 323 1.8 and the car

Customer Question

Im doing a pcm swap on a mazda 323 1.8 and the car cranks but doesnt start what procedure is involved please
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist
if you have a used pcm, that pcm needs to be flashed or re programmed to your vehicle to operate properly. some shops can do this if they have the equipment. the pcm needs to see your vin number and all the options to work.
this all assumes that the pcm is the actual failure. what lead you to replace the pcm???
Roy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
how are you making out??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Motor starts irratic idle . But still drives smoothly. Replaced throttle body coil packs .o2 sensor tps cam and crank sensors but still no difference .fuel pump was checked for pressure aswell. Upon further inspection i discovered the heater core is leaking and runnind down the foot well and pcm was wet . I used my latest launch scan tool to do a parameter reset and try and swap ecu but it didnt five me that functionality
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
ok, so you still have the same issues???does it start and run??did you get it flashed or re programmed to your car yet??? Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No cant flash scan tool doesnt allow me to get into security ...
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
ok, then you need a shop with flashing capability. there are plenty around and runs about 100 to 125. hopefully the used pcm will accept it. Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing i didnt know bud .what a waste if time and money .so no answer 8d like a refund