Mike, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Motor Technician of 34 years+ in vehicle repair and diagnostics.
9261905

95 series prado: I changed a cambelt on a 3.0 diesel vzj95

Customer Question

hi I changed a cambelt on a 3.0 diesel vzj95 and now the traction control vsc light is on and the car is all of the road any clues
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help -
If you have not disturbed anything in regard to the VSC system, ( which you wouldn't normally ) - then the best way - most cost effective way, is to have the vehicle plugged in to test equipment -
This will very quickly and cost effectively determine what is causing this for you.
You can check the wiring etc by yourself - just in case you have disturbed something -but its rare you will find anything that way to be honest.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.
-- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I disconnected the battery for 30 min all appears to be fine now I plugged in diagnostic tool also it didn't help
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again -
Thank you for your reply / message..
Im very glad to hear that worked for you - fingers crossed that it will stay that way. Doing as you did simply reboots the system - if an actual fault has occurred in the system, likely it will come back - and again, the only way then short of finding anything as I wrote before, would be to have a diag machine on it. - If the light is on - note, a fault code / s will be stored. If you plug on equipment and don't get anything out of it - with the light ON, then its usually down to incorrect equipment and / or software used to access the system.. I mention that just to help / future ref for you --
Again, lets hope it stays all good for you .. ;)
- I do just need you to click on the "OK ratings" for me at this point now - Thank you... and you are welcome back anytime again that you might need -
Best Rgds - MIKE.