Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

BF xr8: Hay bud,bf falcon xr8,iv some how shorted my main radio

Customer Question

Hay bud,bf falcon xr8,iv some how shorted my main radio and aircon wire to the command centre on my console.
Now radio and aircon is all off and my dash lights have come on,eg traction control and abs and a few more lights.
The fuses are all working ok.
What could be blown?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If you have repaired the short in the wiring and this issue here is occurring this sounds like an electrical fault with one or more computers in your vehicle.The short most likely damaged them to where they need replaced in most cases.
I would have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set as this will help diagnose and locate the cause here for repair.
Thanks Pete