Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Volkswagen Touareg TDI: 2004 V10 touareg 1. left front wheel

Customer Question

2004 V10 touareg
1. left front wheel rubbing on front of inner guard on turns wheel has moved foward approx 16 mm
2. Can bus breaks down causing vehicle to go into limp mode throws codes for both turbos auto trans diff lock transfer case etc
This usedto happenonly when towing underload through mountains or under heavy acceleration have since replaced altenator now only happens when cold on normal acceleration these all appear to connect to the rear of the instrument cluster or mfd is this likely to be the faulty
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. can you list out all the fault codes of all modules please , either the 5 digit #'s or the Pxxxx codes of the vehicle. second on the wheel have you checked the lower control arm bushings especially the rear to make sure that they are not ripped or broken? if you look at the subframe bolts compared to the subframe do they look shifted ? did you have an impact of some sort recently? please let me know