Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Nisson Patrol: Nissan patrol 1998 4.1 diesel. The vent control

Customer Question

Nissan patrol 1998 4.1 diesel. The vent control linkages are sticking/stopping at the half way point as the knob is turned. We have lubricated the linkages, but this does not make any difference. The knob has been a little stiff or some time, but now will only turn half way and back. What can we do to loosen up the links?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would check for any binding doors like the vent doors themselves as this will cause this type of fault here.If an issue is found with the doors being damaged at all in any way the doors will need repaired or replaced.
If this is all o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete