Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Inspire: there I have a 2003 Honda Inspire Japanese assembled

Customer Question

Hi there I have a 2003 Honda Inspire Japanese assembled but imported to New Zealand In the course of replacing the battery the computer which controls the audio and air cond controls has locked out and needs resetting unfortunately some of the control buttons are in Japanese along with the readout on the screen the model no on the screen is 72 MO Have attempted to locate a correct manual for the car but anything that looks likely is in Japanese and one can,t be sure of content Can you help please Regards ***** *****
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would see if a dealer can reprogram the vehicle to your language needed or see if you can find a book to interpret the words to see if you can set it in your language then from there try and correct the issues above.If neither of these are an option for you on this let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete I appreciate your response to my question but it realy only told me the obvious what I am looking for is a way to reset computer surely there has to be a procedure for this I am an electrician and reasonably computer literate so should be able to follow a reset with the information Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I don't have the procedure myself on how to do this here.I will open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.
Thanks Pete