Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Ford Falcon Sedan: re connected Battery in 1999 Ford AU Falcon.

Customer Question

re connected Battery in 1999 Ford AU Falcon. Car has factory phone fitted. type in code & radio screen shows " PHONE " AND will not turn on. What to do ??? Have done this 4 other times over 8 years ... never done this before. Never a problem... ! Help please. Allan
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.I apologize for any delay.
In some cases disconnected and reconnecting the battery or replacing it can cause a software fault with a control unit/ecu in your vehicle to where it needs reprogrammed or in some cases the affected module replaced.
What you can try here is to disconnect the battery for a few minutes then reconnect it again and see if it then lets you input the code and operates properly from there.
If this does not work this will need checked into further to see if it needs reprogrammed by a dealer or replaced to correct this fault.
Thanks Pete