Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Daihatsu Rocky SX: the engine will start, but once it is run

Customer Question

the engine will start, but once it is run for a while you shut it off it will not start but there is spark fuel injectors have pressure
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 1 year ago.
Hi welcome to just answers , my name is ***** ***** i will try my best to help you, if i can't come out with an answer, I will opt out and allow another expert to help you. you said you have spark and fuel pressure did you check pressure with a pressure gage? have you check for injector pulse?, have you check for any codes left on the computers memory?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes,codes 4&12
ok you hava an egr valve sticking and a bad coolante sensor , have you fix any of this problems ?
code 4 is for a coolante sensor and code 12 is an EGR valve circuit or mechanical problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
once you have it started you can drive it it hesitates a little bit but then once you shut it off you can not start for a long period of time. but then it will start again eventually.I know what the codes stand for.what is the most likely cause?¿
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the temperature gauge and the coolant sensor the same thing
yes it is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
check the EGR valve it is working properly. can run the vehicle as long as I want to but once it is shut off, it fires one time and then it will not start. You have to wait about a half an hour before you can restart it!but it does hesitate when you drive it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can also smell gas when you're trying to start it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when you first start the engine when it is cold, you can shut it off and started as many times you want. But once it warms up then you can start! are you still there?
ok thats the symptoms of a bad temperature sensor.
the temperature sensor tels the computer the temperature of the engine, for the computer to control fuel injectors in rich mode when the temp is low and lean when the temp is hi, the temp sensor is not giving the computer the right information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why does my temperature gauge read normal on my dash then?
that is the temperature switch that controls the gage, you have a temperature sensor for the computer that controls fuel enrichmen, and is the one that needs to be replace.