indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics
29331485

I am changing the front shocks on my Triton and have

Customer Question

Hi, I am changing the front shocks on my Triton and have undone the top mounting nuts and the bottom one, however I am unsure of the next step. Can you help please?
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, I really have a problem here, I started to knock the bottom bolt out and need to complete the job ready for work tomorrow. Is it possible to get the answer tonight please?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
Hope not to late in assisting you .
If you have the top and bottom mounting bolts removed all you have to do is compress the shock from the top downwards and pull to one side then
remove .
If you have the newer model like a 2006 on then this is a lot more work
1. Remove front wheel jack up high as you can..
2. Remove clamp at bottom of suspension leg which holds the cable for the front ABS sensor.
3. Remove the three nuts at top of suspension leg.
(should be able to get at them but if not you will have to remove the top wishbone to get access.)
4. Remove bolt at bottom of suspension leg and remove the suspension leg completely.
5. You will need a good spring compressor to compress the spring and remove the center nut to remove the shock absorber.
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rate buttons .
This way i can get back to you and suggest other options or suggest another Expert .
Kindest regards Greg