Doug
Doug, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Factory trained technician
21364095

Mitsubishi triton: How do I change the front shocks in my 2007

Customer Question

How do I change the front shocks in my 2007 model deisel triton
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you have the traditional shock and double wishbone lay out (as opposed to the light duty macpherson setup).
Getting the shock out once it is unbolted can be quite the bear since it is effectively "too long" to remove.
What I normally do is unbolt the sway bar (from the chassis is usually easiest) to take the load off the control arms, then unbolt the lower control arms from the spindle and if necessary steering arm to allow pulling down of the arm and moving the spindle to add more clearance. I would first try just unbolting the sway bar however, as this often allows you enough movement to sneak it out without having to get involved in the rest; doing this combined with some effort collapsing the shock is usually sufficient.