Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 XT: I cannot start my 2013 Forester

Customer Question

I cannot start my 2013 Forester XT. It is in park. lights show on dash but no indication of trying to start. Have tried locking car and unlocking. Hoping you can help as we live 100km from dealer.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This may be a fault with the starter itself or an issue with the electronic ignition switch causing this fault here.I would have these tested to see if either of these are the cause here and if one is found to be at fault it will need replaced.This may still be covered under warranty from a dealer.
Thanks Pete