Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Ford Econovan: Hey thereI am interested in buying a second

Customer Question

Hey there
I am interested in buying a second hand ford econovan, 1998 model (australia) and it has no problems besides the engine idling very roughly when the AC is turned on. (and idles normal again when turned the AC is off)
Im happy to buy the van and pay for this repair if its around $500 to fix, but am worried that this may be a bigger problem that won't be worth my time or money.
Typically do you think this is a simple one off fix or a sign of something more dire.
Thankyou!
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 1 year ago.
Hi welcome to just answers. My name is ***** ***** i hope to be of some help to you.
this problem seems to be a possible restricted air conditioning system that is putting strain in to the engine, this problem is usualy cause by a compressor going bad or a clogged radiator A/C condenser
if the compressor is the problem you will be looking in to aproximately 450$ to replace and recharge the system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that doesn't sound too bad, is there any chance it could be a much larger issue? The engine was replaced at 100,000km if thats any clue.
If the engine runs smooth and has no missfires then i will very much concider in bying the vehicle , as long as there are no engine nocks or an engine light on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent thanks for your help! Too easy.
100.000KM is nothing this engine is just starting to breack in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cool, Thanks for your time!
no problem, look me up if you need help again name is Ricardo.