Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

X-trail: Why does my 2004 Nissan X-trail spontaneously lock

Customer Question

Why does my 2004 Nissan X-trail spontaneously lock itself? Only just started happening. Once it has locked itself the remote control will not unlock the vehicle. have to use the key then toggle the door lock/ unlock button, then the remote control becomes effective once more. Have replaced the battery in the remote control - no improvement. For example, park the vehicle in the garage unlocked in the evening; next morning it is locked although remote control not touched!! Help please. Have to be careful not to put the keys doen in the vehicle and risk getting spontaneously locked out!!
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
Would you be able to remove the batteries from the remote control, and tell me what happens (if this fixes the problem)?