Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Kia Rondo EX: My kia rondo 2008 engine light comes on. When

Customer Question

My kia rondo 2008 engine light comes on. When coming into give way or stop lights car stalls when slowing down especially dropping from 3rd into 2nd or 1st. Have taken back to dealer 6 times and I think they are just clearing code and hope it goes away. Any ideas why it is happening
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it at a mates business who employs 110 people servicing cars and diesel engines. They have changed oil and filter no change and also cam shaft sensor. They are high end mechanics for mining industry. Good to see if we can sort it out for them and me. Damian
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello Damian and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
What is the fault code you are getting?
is it a manual transmission?
when you have the foot off the accelerator pedal, and the clutch is depressed the engine stalls (revs fall to zero)?
and which exact engine do you have on this?