Mike, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Motor Technician of 34 years+ in vehicle repair and diagnostics.
9261905

Elgrande: What part do I need to the Nissan elgrande highwAy

Customer Question

What part do I need to the Nissan elgrande highwAy star model 2006 to install roof rack to the slots that seem to be on the top you pop out three covers and have a slit in it on both sides of roof fir a three bar system but can't seem to find the right part without riveting a new rail system there must be a part that fits those slits ? Any clue of where to get them?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help.- I know the part you are referring to - and i have checked on this for you..Im not sure what kit you have got there - but the kits that come supplied as new , should come with the fittings / fixings that either connect direct to the roof fixings ( inside / under the flap ) --or, attachments provided to connect the two together - ie, roof to fitting to bars.Manufacturers / suppliers of good bars such as Thule come as they connect on direct to the roof fitting - but it does depend on the year - others you have to buy whats called the "fitting kit" - which are the parts you are enquiring after .. Im not sure where you are but I will give you a web link -- click HERE - -look down the page that opens and you will see a "fitting kit" - that it looks like you need.... Of course you can order from there - or somewhere local to you - but to you can contact them direct ( on that web site ) and discuss what they have for you.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.