Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Ford BA: I have a BA wagon. Turning the steering wheel to the

Customer Question

I have a BA wagon. Turning the steering wheel to the left when the lights are on causes a short and the fuse blows. Parking lights and instrument cluster lights go down. Is there a remedy?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.
Hi There, Sounds like the lighting combination switch has failed, or less likely that the wiring has been scuffed through due to mispositioning. The former is not uncommon, but usually it doesn't result in a dead short on the lighting circuit. A good mechanic or sparky should be able to pinpoint it pretty quickly, but most likely it's a combination switch replacement..I hope this helps!CheersScott