Mike, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Motor Technician of 34 years+ in vehicle repair and diagnostics.
9261905

Volkswagen Transporter 2.5l T4: Hey I tried to put spot lights

Customer Question

Hey I tried to put spot lights on my t4 transporter the worked for a day then stopped after went through car wash then I changed the swicth then wire start to melt no got no lights when u turn key an glove box not workin as well sounds like my fuel pump not work an van work start thanks wat do you think it could be???
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome-My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.It sounds to me as though you have either overloaded the circuit - with using too thin cables - and / or - not using a relay for the spots - at least a 30 amp relay....Or - you have got water into your wiring maybe from what you said - Or- you have chaffed / rubbed - damaged wires that you have fitted up - rubbed through somewhere and shorted - These are the things you need to check out to progress on this one - -- Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.