Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Volkswagen t/4 5 cyld diesil: 1999 t/4 v/w transporter 5 cyld

Customer Question

1999 t/4 v/w transporter 5 cyld diesil just started intermittent stopping will start and run perfect and will go for days turn it of and refuses to start wait a while and would go again changed fuel filter full of fuel ????? it is the computerised model would it possibley be the stop control on the fuel pump
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
On allot of engines anymore the engine is equipped with a crank position sensor.If this sensor is acting up intermittently to where it isn't sending the correct signals intermittently this fault will occur like this here.If this has not been checked or replaced I would see if this is the cause.
Thanks Pete