Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Holden Commodore ute: I have a 98 series 3 holden ute with

Customer Question

I have a 98 series 3 holden ute with a 5.0 ltr engine , I changed the fuel pump the other day making note of the suction filter position as the directions said , now every time I turn right the engine dies , I have had it out several times and tried several different positions of the filter and to no avail . Please help
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,If the return hose plumbing is not connected correctly internally it will not pull fuel to keep the swirl pot full for cornering.I would check the fuel pressure, in case you have a stuck pressure regulator, and no returning fuel.It will give you similar symptoms.If the fuel pressure is normal, and the return hose flows well into a bucket, then I would pull the MRA out again.It could also have debris of some sort blocking the venturi pickup in the bottom of the swirl pot.The swirl pot function only comes into play below about 1/3 tank.Hope this helps.Gary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gary , sorry for the late reply , another question , the bolt holes are really hard to line up I have to really twist is to get in ? I'm starting to think fuel filter but as I say it only does it around corners ! It's doing my head in !Trent
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi Trent,A few things, did you hook up the return hose from within the tank?The sender assembly can ONLY go in one way, the rubber foot on the end of the assembly faces the bottom of the tank when fitted.If you can remember how you got it out, it is a reversal of that.You cannot force it, and it has to in via the correct sequence.The bolts are staggered for a reason and might not line up any other way.Gary