Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

Subaru Forester: Why is the temp light flashing and when I

Customer Question

Why is the temp light flashing and when I open the bonet it dosent even seem warm
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
This is likely the A/T temp light. This light will flash when there is a code stored in the transmission control module, so it's possible the engine and transmission temp could be normal, but there could be some code stored that needs to be checked.
If it's a light for the engine temp, then it would likely be a sensor if the engine is cool. The only real way to know with that would be to put a scan tool that can read live data on the car and check to see what temp it's saying the engine is.
Please let me know what more I can do to assist you with this.
What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.