Jake
Jake, Collision Technician
Experience:  Pulaski Tech Graduate / Collision repair specialist
20440119

Nissan patrol: i have recently installed nads to stop limp

Customer Question

Hi i have recently installed nads to stop limp mode problem in my 3.0 2001 nossan patrol but still have problem when i start car it still goes into limp aproximatly 50% of the time. It sometimes starts and doesnt rev passed 2000 rpm or it sometimes drves very slugishly. I have had auto electricians and sent it to nissan with no outcome i am on the verge of taking it to a rural farm and using it as a bomb fire. Could someone please help me with this problem. Please.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
have you had the fuel trims checked when this happens? These are pretty classic MAF symptoms when they fall out of spec and it causes improper fueling issues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the best way to check this. Will you recommend me change the maf sensor??
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
I would recommend replacing the MAF assuming the fuel readings are showing out of spec. The easiest way to do this is using a scan tool that will show fuel trims. If they are are more than +- 5% then we know there is an issue. If its a rich condition versus a lean condition will determine what direction to go from there, but in most cases with your symptoms it will be a negative fuel correction because the car is rich and the trims out of spec and this is because of a faulty MAF sensor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok i will order a new maf and see how it goes in the next couple of days thanks alot for your help. I will be intouch.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, talk to you soon.