Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Tiida C11 1.8L ST-L: My rear demister on my Tiida sedan has

Customer Question

My rear demister on my Tiida sedan has stopped working. The aircon still works. What is the problem please?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
did you check for any blown fuses? (in engine bay fuse box)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Did you check or swap the demister relay? (also in engine bay, same box)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not mechanical. Just a mere older lady
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If It's a simple solution , it will save me $160 to put the car on the Nissan computer to diagnose problem
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
If the fuses were checked. The next thing would be having the relay checked. It is located in the same box as the fuses in the engine compartment.
As the relays and fuses are the most common causes for such a problem, they require checking first, and if the problem persists, we proceed to other checks/components, until the problem is resolved.
Would you be able to have the relay checked (and double check the fuses) and get back to me so we proceed accordingly?
PS: no need putting on the computer to diagnose yet, simply the fuses and the relay first.
Regards,
Billy