VLADGMRU
VLADGMRU, Auto Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

Ford territory: I have trouble with drivers window not working

Customer Question

I have trouble with drivers window not working on my territory all over windows are working
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  VLADGMRU replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.My name is ***** ***** be 3 main reasons for the problem have been experiencing.1) A problem/ internal failure with the master window control switch.2) A faulty motor within the driver side power window regulator.3) A mechanical failure of one of the power window regulator sliders ( plastic part where the glass attached to) or regulator cable failure.The first thing to do is to check electrical part of the system to make sure you window regulator motor actually receives voltage when you operate the switch. You will need to remove the door trim panel to get to the motor connector. Unplug the connector and connect a 12V bulb or circuit tester to the connector and then operate the driver side switch. If your bulb/test lamp lights when you push the switch up or down, then it means that the switch and wiring ok and you have a problem with the regulator motor or regulator cable is seized preventing it from moving.Hope that information helps to determine what is wrong. Let me know how it goes. Thanks