Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Toyota Landcruiser FJ80: ,I have a 1991 FJ80 Landcruiser

Customer Question

I have a 1991 FJ80 Landcruiser with the 3FE motor and A440F transmission. I have recently been trying to track down the source of a misfire with my vehicle.
I have replaced distributor components, spark plugs, leads, air flow meter, checked throttle position sensors and idle speed control sensors, adjusted valve clearances (the list goes on).
The vehicle is running a bit better but the misfire continues. I recently discovered one of my oxygen sensors is completely disconnected and I cannot see where it's supposed to connect.
My vehicle has 2 oxygen sensors which are both pre-catalytic converter (one on each branch of the Y on the exhaust manifold before becoming one pipe into the cat).
The oxygen sensor on the passenger side (Driver's side is right in Australia) is connected but the driver's side connector is just the wires hanging out of the oxygen sensor (4 wires, no plug like the other oxygen sensor).
I have tried Googling this problem, searching factory service manuals and toyota forums without any success. I'm assuming this is supposed to connect to the wiring harness somewhere, somehow. It's likely this oxygen sensor being disconnected is the source of my car's misfire.
Please let me know if you need any further information.
Thank You!
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
I don't have the exact location of where this plugs in for sure on your model here but usually it does plug into either the main engine harness or a small jumper harness that comes out of the main harness.
If you have not traced the main harness near the sensor I would see if you can locate any wiring or connector tucked away or hanging loose causing this here.If you have already done this with no success let me know.
Thanks Pete