Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Pete, I'm Peter. I have an 06 Mazda Bravo 4 litre V6. Today

Customer Question

Hi pete, I'm Peter. I have an 06 Mazda Bravo 4 litre V6. Today I went to start it and when I turn the key, all I get is the red battery symbol. Turn to start and nothing. Put the battery on charge and still nothing. Even with Jumper leads I get the same thing. Mazda dealer thinks it could be the immobiliser but wants me to get it lifted to there shop. Any clues?
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I first opened the car with the key, I heard clicking noises in both doors as if the auto door locks were trying to open. i found the fuse for then and removed it.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
This may be an issue with a battery with a dead or shorted cell or the battery cables at the battery or to where they lead to from the battery at fault needing corrected.I would check these and have the battery tested.
If these are o.k. this may be an issue with the electronic ignition switch at fault needing replaced.I have seen this switch fail in the past before and had to replace it to correct this fault here in some cases.
Thanks Pete