Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Skyline: , got a r34 gtr, installed tomei type poncams

Customer Question

Hi, got a r34 gtr, installed tomei type b poncams and new timing belt , car turns over fine but never fires at all, and have a strong fuel smell coming out of intake, got any ideas ?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,did you change anything else with the cams, like springs or timing gears?I would say the valve timing is completely wrong.Sounds like the intake timing is possibly up to 360 crank degrees out.Take off the valve covers and the timing covers, set up the engine to check the valve timing.No 1 cylinder cam lobes should be pointing away from each other, No 6 should be pointing towards each other.Let me know when you need further help.Gary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey mate cheers, ***** ***** the problem anyway it was the timing, got the car started it and it sounded sweet
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
It was the valve timing incorrect, and now you have corrected it?
Or do you mean ignition timing?
Gary