Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Volvo C30 T5: t5 6 speed manual, 2007 - Car clunks badly in

Customer Question

t5 6 speed manual, 2007 - Car clunks badly in 1st and 2nd gear particularly when turning the steering wheel and at low speeds when turning there is a grinding sound... Volvo dealership said $190 per hour to investigate but could take more time... Are there specific things they should look at and how long should it take?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, It reads as if you have a driveshaft failure. $190/hr is at the top end for labour charges, even at a dealer. I would be looking for a Volvo specialist - non-dealer in your area. Expect 3 to 4 hours labour for a changeover of both shafts, plus the cost of the new shafts. It's usually wise to do both at the same time..I hope this helps!CheersScott