Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

Nissan navara: matt. I have a nissan navara d22 3lt it will

Customer Question

Hi matt. I have a nissan navara d22 3lt it will run fine until you get to 4th gear and it derates and no boost. And revs won't go any higher than 2100 unless you're going down hill. But if you put your foot on clutch and the revs drop and then off clutch and on accelerateter it goes great until you take foot off pedal (as you are speeding) and put back on and it's no power again.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also throwing engine light. And even when it's on if you have foot on clutch and let revs drop it is back to full power until you you hit forth gear and it will boost up and then just die. And you can do this for ks and ks
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello
800x600
I'm assuming that this is the 3.0 ltr dieseland this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a problem with the lift pump1st consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this will reduce pressure at the pump inlet may have developed an air leak on the fuel supply pipe from the tank to the engine. The engine has no separate lift pump and relies on the built in one in the injection pump. If a leak has developed on the fuel suction pipe then air entering the system will air lock the pump.Try pumping up the fuel using the hand pump in the engine bay on the filter housing, then crack off / loosen each injector pipe in turn while cranking the engine and getting an assistant to operate the primer. This will expel air from the injection side and the engine should fire up. The problem will be cured by checking the supply pipe along its length for signs of leakage and repairing any you find.If you daub each pipe joint with heavy grease and the issue goes away then wipe the grease away one at a time to highlight the problem joint
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hi
do you still need help?