Mike, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Motor Technician of 34 years+ in vehicle repair and diagnostics.
9261905

Mitsubishi Pajero v6 3l: I have a 95 3l mitsubishi pajero ,

Customer Question

I have a 95 3l mitsubishi pajero , it intermittently started for a few days now wont start at all , checked the battery all fine , the car clicks just no power or start
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aby ideas mare
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im glad to help. Sorry to see you have had a wait.
WIth this issue - assuming the battery is definitely Good... then you have either a wiring / circuit / connections or starter motor fault.
It would be a good idea just to manually turn the engine with a spanner on the bottom main pulley - just to be sure its not locked up for some reason - which would cause a starter click....first.
If thats ok - you need to check the actual batt connections are good.. then check the connection to the starter... Too check the main earth circuit - the cable from the battery to the body - then body to eng / trans.. Any issues there will cause this.
If thats all ok - use a meter to check for voltage at the large terminal on the starter solenoid - you should have batt voltage there - of at least 12v. while testing , operate the key to start - it should not drop below 11v.. if it does - the battery or wiring from it to the starter ( circuit ) is suspect.
if thats ok - check for power at the small terminal there.. take the small wire off and check its condition.. check at that wire - it should be dead until you turn the key to start- it should then read 12v or so.. If it does - re try it connected - likely a bad connection there then. If not as above - you have a circuit / ign fault..check the ign circuit - back to and inc the ignition.
If the voltage is there and it still clicks, the starter motor is suspect.
Working through as above, you should get this sorted.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-Meantime ----- Please do the rating for me at this time.. - Thank you in advance for that - ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating should you need more at all - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.