Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Peugeot 308: I have a Peugeot(###) ###-####wagon it has smoke coming

Customer Question

I have a Peugeot(###) ###-####wagon it has smoke coming out the back after stoping at lights and air pollution warning is now coming on. Have just been serviced and had temperature regulation system fixed. My mechanic can not find any information on what is wrong as diagnostics shows nothing. Did have at a Peugeot mechanics when air conditioning went wrong they sent air con fixers who then sent to mechanic to fix a filter. The warning light came on once after this then went away now after service is leaking oil so had a vaulve replaced and still smoke and oil loss now air pollution warning is back and car went into limp mode can you help
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If you have engine oil loss with this issue here this indicates the engine is sucking in engine oil causing the smoke and oil loss issue.This fault can be caused by an issue with the engine ventilation system needing repaired as a component may have failed causing this issue here or possibly even a fault with a valve seal needing replaced.
The engine will need checked over further to locate the source of the fault and once located repaired from there to correct it.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mechanic had already replace valve and still having problems they think it is the head but can not work out how to take off to have it checked.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the exact instructions on how the head is removed but usually once the valve cover is removed and if this is an over head cam engine once the cam is removed and both intake and exhaust manifolds as well as any brackets the head bolts can be removed to remove the head.
Thanks Pete